Coordination with School Day
- Academic Liaison and Site Coordinator utilize student level data to support student progress.
- After school program staff are aware of school day goals for students.
- After school staff communicate with school day teachers to customize academic and behavioral supports after school.
- Academic Liaison provides professional development/training for program staff on how to support student academics and/or social emotional learning.
- Academic supports are strategically offered for targeted students.
- All students have access to homework completion/study time with adult
- Students have regular opportunities to build strong academic behaviors including growth mindset, regulating emotions, and self-management focus skills.
- Students can access credit recovery classes. (HS only)
- Families are provided information about academic offerings, related socialemotional learning skills, and how to best support their child’s success.
Nothing from October 1, 2020 to December 1, 2020.
Community Youth Center's Garfield After School Program shapes their emerging leaders by hosting a weekly Service Learning Club where students discuss different world issues and create an action plan to help others understand these issues.
Chinatown YMCA's Jean Parker After School Program provides many opportunities for their students to learn though hands on projects. Check out their video to see a snapshot of what they have been doing!
Buchanan YMCA brings uses food, culture, and teamwork to bring community into their respective After School Programs. Participants learned about history, healthy eating, and the art of being kind to one another. Go Buchanan Y!
Bayview YMCA's Burton High School and Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School started off 2018 by bringing back their Enrichment Classes. They collaborated with the community, enrichment providers and the school day to celebrate diversity and support student success!
McKinley and Webster's After School Programs focus on SEL in their theme based curriculum.
A.P. Giannini’s (APG) After School Staff shared their #HAYisBAE event during ExCEL’s December Meeting- creating an environment that provided us an opportunity to have fun and practice healthy activities.