Nothing from May 24, 2018 to July 24, 2018.
GOAL: HEALTHY EATING ENVIRONMENT
- Staff encourage healthy eating by building community and encouraging students to eat together
- Drinking water is promoted to ensure that all students have easy access and understand its importance.
- Staff provide healthy messaging in the program space through posters, artwork, pictures, and publications.
- Staff teach about healthy food options through hands-on practices such as food preparation, grocery shopping, and gardening.
GOAL: PROMOTING MOVEMENT & BEING ACTIVE
- All students participate in at least 30 minutes of daily activity. At least 50% of that time is spent in moderate to vigorous activity.
- Program structure is designed to minimize sedentary behavior by providing activity breaks after sitting 30 minutes and/or offering standing options during academic blocks.
- Staff encourage and model active behavior.
- Program provides a variety of physical activity options that are fun, recreational and life-long learning opportunities.
- Organization aligns with the guidelines of be well. do well – SFUSD Wellness Policy
- All staff participate in training that supports wellness policy guidelines.
- All staff understand the importance of being active and eating healthy.
- Students and families have a voice in creating and maintaining a healthy after school culture.
- Cooking classes follow the SFUSD Student Nutrition Cooking Guidelines.