QUALITY PROGRAM DESIGN
- Weekly program schedule meets grant requirements and is intentionally designed to address the specific needs of the school community.
- Staff develop quality lesson plans for activities.
- Learning activities are engaging and build upon student interests.
- Program activities result in a culminating project or performance showcase for families and community.
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies are integrated throughout program practices.
INTENTIONAL LEARNING STRATEGIES
- Students have opportunities to work and play collaboratively with others.
- Students have opportunities to set and accomplish personal and academic goals.
- Staff intentionally group students within activities to maximize learning.
- Staff provide clear directions to students.
- Staff ask open-ended questions to encourage critical thinking.
- Staff incorporate debrief/ reflection opportunities to help students synthesize learning.
- Staff model SEL skills and develop activities to build these skills.
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, VOICE, & LEADERSHIP
- Opportunities for student choice are evident in program-level and activity level
decisions about content and process.
- Students have opportunities to connect with caring adults.
- Student voice is incorporated into program activities and planning.
- Leadership opportunities are provided for students according to their age appropriate developmental needs and strengths.