Our ExCEL after school programs nurture the whole child, build community, and create a positive learning environment that aligns with the school day. Positive behavior supports and a restorative framework help us to create respectful, supportive systems and policies.
Nothing from May 24, 2018 to July 24, 2018.
GOAL: CREATING CONSISTENT & PREDICTABLE ENVIRONMENT
- Staff use community building practices to intentionally build relationships with students.
- Community building language is used by staff.
- Staff develop and utilize a progressive response to challenging behavior.
- Proactive behavior policies and procedures are designed to be restorative, not punitive, and are shared with students and families.
GOAL: CREATING SAFE AND SUPPORTIVE CLIMATE
- After school expectations are taught, modeled, and reinforced on a regular basis.
- Staff consistently utilize positive strategies to get students’ attention and manage group behavior.
- Activities and transitions have clear structures that are regularly communicated to students.
- Students have regular opportunities to develop strong relationships with peers and adults, and to work collaboratively with others
- Staff are familiar with SFUSD Safe and Supportive Schools Policy.
- Site Coordinator is an active member on the school’s Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Site Coordinator builds relationships and collaborates with student support staff [i.e., Social Worker, Resource Specialist (RSP)] and families.
- Program uses visual behavior matrix from school day, or one aligned with school day expectations.